In the quest for a youthful appearance, patients still tend to prefer less invasive or less comprehensive procedures. For patients seeking assistance with mild signs of aging who are looking for a procedure more permanent than a chemical peel or facial fillers, a mini facelift may be the perfect option. With a reputation for performing the best mini facelifts Toronto has available, Dr. Jamil Asaria is a premier facial plastic surgeon with vast experience in helping patients reach their cosmetic goals. Please read below to learn more about a mini facelift, or call our office today to schedule a consultation.
Mini Facelift Overview
A mini facelift, also known as a short scar facelift, works well for patients who are in the earlier stages of facial aging. In performing a mini facelift, the lifting and tightening is done with sutures placed underneath the skin on what’s known as the superficial muscular aponeurotic system layer, otherwise known as the SMAS layer. This muscular layer directly beneath the outer skin can be responsible for sagging in the face. Once it is lifted and tightened, the outer skin is then re-fitted to its new, youthful contours.
A mini facelift can be done in one of two ways:
- An endoscopic facelift is the least invasive method. With very small, half-inch incisions around the site to be addressed, Dr. Asaria uses a small camera and other specialized tools to address the underlying SMAS layer without fully exposing it. This method results in drastically reduced recovery time and discomfort.
- A non-endoscopic mini facelift uses longer incisions, as Dr. Asaria addresses the underlying layers directly, without the use of an endoscope. Despite this, the incisions are still much smaller than a traditional facelift, and the recovery time and discomfort is significantly reduced as well.
In addition to the cosmetic excellence achieved by Dr. Asaria, a mini facelift offers several distinct advantages, including:
- Shorter incisions, resulting in less visible scars
- Reduced recovery and downtime, with most patients returning to normal activities within one week
- Shorter surgery time
- Can be performed under local anesthetic
- Decreased cost
All told, a mini facelift is an excellent procedure for patients who are early in the aging spectrum, generally 40 to 50 years old. Dr. Asaria commonly performs a mini facelift for patients who are busy professionals or who are very active socially and want to recover as quickly as possible.
Schedule a Consultation
If you think a mini facelift may be right for you, the next step is a consultation with Dr. Asaria. During this consultation, his first priority is understanding your personal goals for cosmetic surgery. Once this has been achieved, he can make recommendations regarding which procedure(s) can deliver the desired results. As a surgeon whose policy is always to put the patient’s needs first, Dr. Asaria strives to deliver the best mini facelift Toronto has to offer. Please call us to schedule your consultation.