We understand that giving it another chance can be daunting. That's why it's important to have your revision rhinoplasty surgery performed by a skilled surgeon that you trust and feel comfortable with. One of Dr. Asaria’s greatest strengths is his ability to communicate with, listen to and truly connect with his patients. He will take the time to understand your unique concerns and give you a detailed and realistic explanation of all your options.
As a focused rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto, Dr. Asaria sees a large volume of patients who are dissatisfied with a previous procedure performed elsewhere. In fact, approximately 30% of Dr. Asaria’s rhinoplasty practice is revision rhinoplasty. Patients from all over Canada are seen in our facial plastic surgery clinic in Toronto to discuss options to improve upon a previous procedure.
Issues that Dr. Asaria commonly treats include improving both the appearance of the nose as well as breathing. Unfortunately, we see many patients who are unhappy with the way their nose looks despite having had a nose job in the past. Often times their nose may look worse than it did before nose surgery, or they may have severe breathing problems due to inadequate support and poor surgery in the past.
Dr. Asaria discusses the merits of using dermal fillers to alter the shape of the nose. With no recovery, no downtime, and no bandages, this procedure is becoming a new favorite.
Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Revision rhinoplasty is much more complex than primary nose surgery. Most of the time the nose needs to be rebuilt and Dr. Asaria uses a variety of grafts to strengthen the nose and add support while refining the shape. Dr. Asaria only uses grafts from your own body to avoid using artificial implants in order to create the safest long term results. Whenever possible grafts are used from the septum itself, but it is common for Dr. Asaria to shape grafts from cartilage taken from behind the ear (auricular cartilage grafts) or from the rib (costal cartilage grafts). Dr. Asaria is a Canadian specialist in revision rhinoplasty with costal cartilage grafts and has taught the procedure to other surgeons in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia.
Common problems corrected with Revision Rhinoplasty
As leader in revision rhinoplasty, Dr. Asaria has seen all manner of problems caused by improperly performed rhinoplasty procedures. Common problems that he often corrects include the following:
Bridge and Middle Third of the Nose Problems
- Polybeak Deformity
- Open Roof Deformity
- Tip Asymmetry
- Collapsed Middle Vault (Inverted-V) Deformity
- Persistent Bump or Over-resected (scooped-out) Bridge
- Tip Bossae or Knuckling
- Wide or Bulbous Tip
- Large or Wide Nostrils
- Nostril Collapse
- Nostril Retraction, Alar Retraction
- Hanging Columella
Deviated Nose Problems
- Crooked Nasal bones
- Crooked Septum & Breathing Problems
- Crooked Tip
- High or Low Radix
- Long Nose
- Wide Nose
- Overly Narrow Nose
- Pinched tip
- Overly Shortened or Over-rotated Tip
- Droopy Tip or Poorly Supported Tip
Dr. Asaria’s Approach to Rhinoplasty
“My approach to cosmetic nasal surgery is to create an incredibly natural appearing nose that produces a refined result. I don’t believe in drastic changes, but rather aim for a subtle but significant improvement in contour, rotation and projection of the nose. Small changes go long way. A nose job should enhance your personality and ethnicity, not erase it.
“I think it is important to aim for an exceptional result for every single one of my patients. Rhinoplasty surgery is a procedure where ‘good enough’ is simply not an appropriate goal. I spend a great deal of time tailoring a specific plan for each individual person. I encourage my patients to seek out the best rhinoplasty surgeon to ensure that they have the best possible chance of achieving their exact goals.”
Dr. Asaria featured in The Fashion Magazine
Read the story of how Dr. Asaria helped one patient achieve the nose of her dreams.
About Dr. Jamil Asaria
Dr. Jamil Asaria, Founder and Chief Surgeon at FACE Cosmetic Surgery, is among the top rhinoplasty surgeons in all of Canada. Read below to learn more about what makes Dr. Asaria a true leader in his field.
- Dr. Asaria is one of the highest volume rhinoplasty surgeons in Canada. His area of specialty is limited to facial plastic surgery. This means that 100% of his surgical practice is focused on rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery.
- Dr. Asaria is a lecturer at the University of Toronto. He regularly teaches techniques in rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery in the clinic and in the operating room to fellows (qualified surgeons obtaining further specialization in facial plastic surgery) and residents at the University.
- Dr. Asaria is involved in proctoring and developing the Board of Exams for the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, which is the authoritative society that credentials surgeons in the rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery. Dr. Asaria was invited to join this committee after receiving one of the highest scores in the history of the exam.
- Dr. Asaria is fellowship-trained in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at one of the world's most renowned facial plastic surgery programs, The University of Michigan, where he also worked as a Staff Surgeon.
- Over 30% of Dr. Asaria's rhinoplasty practice involves complex revision rhinoplasty in Toronto where patients from across Canada seek secondary procedures to improve functional and cosmetic issues after a previous rhinoplasty performed elsewhere.
- As a top Toronto rhinoplasty surgeon, Dr. Asaria specializes in ethnic rhinoplasty, including Persian rhinoplasty, Middle Eastern rhinoplasty, Indian rhinoplasty, Asian rhinoplasty and African American rhinoplasty.